Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm a Rather Busy Underground Freelance Writer

I just sent off issue 3 to Mike. He'll probably give me some genius critique that will make the issue even better from my original draft and I look forward to it. Things are moving along swimmingly with the comic. Besides me writing up issues that may never see the light of day, Mike should be drawing up some pages for issue 1 (is it bad that I have hopes for the entire issue to be near complete by the end of October?) which I hope to bring to the Long Beach Comic Con.

I'll be taking a small break from writing this particular story for a little bit, now that I've finished issue 3. I think I'm putting too much pressure on Mike by pumping out these issues nearly every week. I have another small project I'm working on with another friend. It's a kind of modernized twist on the old Beauty and the Beast tale. I'm still doing research on it (no that doesn't include me watching the Disney movie over and over again) to give this story some credibility.

I already have a full outline of the story written up from beginning to end and I'm kind of excited to start really working on it. And just like Unwanted Children, I'm more excited to get some pages done to see the artwork.

On top of those two projects, I'll be attending classes this semester of school, so I'll be rather busy. But that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment