Thursday, August 19, 2010

In Related News...

I've kinda broken my promise to myself that I'd take a short break from writing anything further for Unwanted Children. Well, I haven't actually begun to write anymore issues, but I have been working on story ideas, story arcs and such. I've been up until 4am every night this week working on Unwanted Children. I already have all of issue 4 mapped out (I wrote the outline) and issue 5 is already undergoing its process in my head. It's like I'm on automatic pilot. I think once I get done with issue 7 I'll be able to rest easy because that's when the biggest plot twist takes place.
 
Been talking to Mike pretty steadily. He has informed me that he will be taking his trusty digital camera out on the town to take reference pictures of San Francisco for certain scenes within the first issue. Looks like we'll be breaking ground on the artwork for issue one very soon now.
 
In related news, a favorite writer of mine, Robert Kirkman, has created his own little comic book publishing company. Skybound is the company. He's not currently accepting submissions from new creators, but the site says he is actively searching for new creators and the best way for him to notice your work is to self publish and bring your work to conventions (like the Long Beach one I'll be attending in October). This sounds promising. So I'm hoping that Mike and I will have completed most of issue 1 (if not all) to bring to the convention. Kirkman's company is definitely one I'll submit my work to.

Skybound is an imprint of Image Comics. These are the people that publish Spawn and other great comics like Haunt and The Walking Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment